Sunday, January 2, 2011

One more holiday down :-)

I did it... I rang in the New Year 'alone'... and you know what???
I survived!  :-)
It really was OK. 
3... 2... 1... and nothing!  I was no lonelier than I was a half hour before... I didn't start to cry... I really felt nothing... it was just another moment in time. I turned off Dick Clark and turned on Netflix... and life continued forward. One more holiday down... uneventful (in a good way)... check.
Today's sermon was wonderful... "The Lovesick God".  About no matter how much we reject God, he pursues us.  Women loved to be pursued, and being lonely right now, that is totally what I am hoping for.  Isn't it wonderful that God pursues us?  That speaks right to my heart.  He know what I need... and what I need to hear... and when I need to hear it.  His timing is ALWAYS perfect.  It was a great sermon... to start off a great year... 
There is nothing about you that makes God love you.  There is something about God that makes God love you.
His faithfulness is NOT connected to our faithfulness.
If we are unfaithful, he remains faithful, for he cannot deny who he is. 2 Timothy 2:13
.... I'll turn Heartbreak Valley into Acres of Hope.  Hosea 2:15

No comments:

Post a Comment